ICT bandwidth is set to 12 MHz. It allows to transfer the bunch charge at a slow pace.
The ICT signal can be processed by the user or can beis integrated by the BCM-IHR.
The output voltage proportional to the beam pulse charge is available 30μs after the trigger. It is maintained up to 400μs, then reset. Another pulse can then be measured.
- Sensitivity (ICT alone) From 0.25 to 10 Vs/C
- Full Scale range From 800 pC to 400 nC
- Noise on single bunch 0.55 pC
- ICT-CF3 3-8-22.2-40-070-UHV
- ICT-CF4 1-2-34.9-40-070-UHV
- ICT-CF4 1-2-38-40-070-UHV
- ICT-CF6 3-4-96-40-070-UHV
Current price list
TWO PACKAGING TYPE FOR THE ICT
- In-flange ICT are mounted directly in the beam line.
- Available for many pipe diameters from 1” to 250mm.
- Also with elliptical aperture or other arbitrary shape aperture. Ceramic gap, shields and wall current bypass are included.
- Bellows are not required.
- Material AISI-304, 316LN on option
- Bakeable up to 185°C
- UHV compatible
In-air ICT installation, over the vacuum chamber requires installation of a “gap” to prevent the wall current from flowing through the ICT aperture.
The gap can be a brazed ceramic ring or an organic material O-ring depending on the vacuum requirements.
Typical installations include bellows, a wall current bypass and an electromagnetic shield enclosing the ICT completely.
BCM-IHR-E processes the signal from an ICT.
Specially developed hybrid circuits amplify the charge and integrate it with low noise and high linearity.
Output is a bipolar voltage directly proportional to the beam charge.
A built-in Calibration Generator provides on-line assurance of measurement reliability.
BCM-IHR-E inserts into a wired station of BCM-RFC, the 19” 3U RF-shielded chassis including power supplies.
Up to 10 stations per chassis can be installed.
- In-air models: 100°C (212°F) any time
- In-flange models: 100°C (212°F) any time, 150°C (300°F) on option, 185°C (365°F) on option
- 2 mT radial field
- 2A permanent DC current
- Standard SMA PTFE: 1E3 Gray max
- Rad-tolerant SMA PEEK: 6E7 Gray max
- 1E17 n/cm2 max